My site is slow, what should I do?
Last Updated -
Q: My site is slow, what should I do?
A: The first this to do is try and determine why it is slow. Your site may be slow due to the following reasons:
- Your actual internet connection is slow
- A plugin or theme function on the site is bogging things down
- A plugin or theme function may be breaking caching on the site.
- Pagely's servers are actually being slow
- Try http://speedtest.net/ to test your internet connection and make sure you are not having any issues there.
- Use your browser's dev tools to find any slow requests.
- You can also use https://tools.pingdom.com/ to check for any slow external calls/requests
- You may also wish to disable all plugins and slowing enable them again and test for which one is causing the slow down. 9 times of 10 a plugin you have running is the culprit slowing down or breaking your site.
- If your site still appears to load very slowly; after you have tested your internet connection and after you have disabled all plugin, please contact support so we can investigate any performance issues you might be having.
You can also read here regarding cookies and sessions and how they can affect your site speed: