How to setup wpMandrill for WordPress email
Last Updated -
There are times when outgoing emails using the default WordPress php mail can fail and it's not the most stable in some cases. Luckily the folks that created MailChimp also have a service called Mandrill, which is an email delivery service.
The plugin they created allows you to get around using WordPress php mail and uses the Mandrill outgoing email delivery service.
It handles better and is more reliable than tradition WordPress email, they also have reporting within your Mandrill account.
To get started, here are the steps:
- Signup for an account at Mandrill
- Go to your Settings area in Mandrill and create an API key, copy it down
- Login to your WordPress dashboard or download wpMandrill plugin here: https://wordpress.org/plugins/wpmandrill/
- Go to the wpMandrill settings and paste you API key and Save
- Complete the settings and within 5 minutes you will be able to send outgoing emails and not having to worry about them bouncing
Another benefit is that when you use the default wp_mail() to send all outgoing emails, it uses our systems default "from" address of firstname.lastname@example.org. With this plugin, you can specify any "from" email address that you like.