Atomic provides a much more robust set of collaboration features. This version allows you to set roles and permissions based on the desired usage of the collaborator. Let's review how to setup a new collaborator and grant the desired access.
Who Should Be a Collaborator?
Anyone who will be interacting with your Pagely account should be added as a collaborator (with the appropriate role). In the event that we need to communicate with your team regarding important service and account notifications, anyone who is not listed as a collaborator will only be able to receive limited communication.
This includes (but is not limited to) the following:
- Managers who will be interacting with Pagely.
- Technicians who will be interacting with your sites.
- Accounting departments who will need to manage billing.
- Other individuals who may need to contact Pagely Support.
For more information, see our article on managing developer access.
We currently have six different levels of access for an account. When deciding what level of access to give a user, try to assume what will allow them to do their job, while maintaining minimal risk to your account or your applications.
To view a larger version of the user permission matrix above, please click here.
You can also view the short video overview on Collaborator Roles and Permissions below.
Adding your team as collaborators is easy inside Pagely's Atomic control panel. The following steps will guide you through the process.
- First, log into the Atomic control panel as the Account Owner, Super-Admin, or Sub-Admin.
- If you're currently logged in as a collaborator, you may need to switch to the main account before adding additional collaborators. To do so, click on your name at the top-right of the screen, then click on the account name that you'll be adding collaborators to.
- On the menu to the left side of Atomic, click on Team.
- From here, you'll see a list of the current collaborators on the account. To add a new collaborator, locate the Add a New Collaborator section.
- Enter the collaborator's name, email, and role into the fields. For more information on roles and the permissions they have available, take a look at the previous section on collaborator permissions.
- Finally, click the Invite button to invite your new collaborator.
Note: Once added, your collaborator will receive an email with a time-sensitive link to set their password. Please refer to the following article for further details.
Removing a collaborator is very similar to adding one. The following steps will show you how to easily remove a collaborator from your account.
- Log into the Atomic control panel as the Account Owner, Super-Admin, or Sub-Admin.
- If you're currently logged in as a collaborator, you may need to switch to the main account. To do this, click on your name at the top right, then click on the account that you need to add collaborators to.
- On Atomic's left side menu, click on Team.
- Locate the collaborator that you want to remove. Below that collaborator, you'll see their permissions listed. To remove them, click on the X within their permission listing.
- You will now be prompted to confirm the removal of the collaborator's permissions. To confirm your selection, click Proceed.
The collaborator has now been successfully removed. If you need to add them back, proceed to the take a look at the previous section on adding a collaborator.
Editing Collaborator Roles
Unfortunately, editing collaborator roles isn't something that's possible at this time. If you wish to change a collaborator's current role, you will need to remove the user, and then re-add them with the correct role.
Toggling Between Multiple Accounts
The account owner and higher tier collaborators have the ability to switch between collaborator accounts. To switch between multiple collaborator accounts, do the following:
- On the top right of Atomic, click on the Profile icon. If you're able to switch between collaborator accounts, you'll see the accounts listed here.
- Locate the account you want to switch to and click on it.
- To switch back, just perform steps 1 and 2 again.