Although importing databases is usually best done through a command line interface such as WP-CLI, databases can also be imported using PHPMyAdmin if you need to.
In this article, we'll show you how to import a SQL file into a database by using PHPMyAdmin.
- Begin by logging into PHPMyAdmin.
- Next, use the left side menu to select the database that you want to import your SQL file into.
- Once your database is selected, click on the Import tab at the top of the page.
- From within the Import tab, locate the File To Import header and click the Browse button to browse your computer and select the SQL file that you want to import.
- Finally, click the Go button to begin the import.
Depending on the size of your database, it might take a bit of time to import all of the data. Once complete, you should see the data from your SQL file appear within your database.