If you have an existing SSL certificate that is expiring or you’ve been issued a different certificate, you might need to update your SSL certificate on your site.
In this article, we’ll show you how to upload a new SSL certificate and switch your site between the old and new certificates.
Switching an Existing Domain to a New SSL Certificate
- Begin by installing your new SSL certificate as you normally would within Atomic. For more information on how to do this, see our article on installing 3rd-party SSL certificates.
- Once your SSL certificate is installed, jump on over to the main SSL Certificate Manager page by clicking on SSL within the left side menu.
- You’ll now see a list of all SSL certificates installed, including both your old and new SSL certificates. From here, access the SSL certificate that you want to activate by clicking on the eye icon to the right of it.
- You should now see your certificate details listed, which includes a list of domains.
To activate this SSL certificate for a domain, simply locate the Actions column and click on the green plus (+) icon to the right of the domain listing.
When accessing this domain, the new SSL certificate will now be used.
Linking a New Domain to an Existing SSL Certificate
If you have previously installed an SSL certificate that supports multiple domains, such as a wildcard certificate, but hadn’t yet configured that domain in Atomic, you’ll need to link the domain to the SSL certificate before it will be used.
In this section, we’ll show you how to link a new domain to an existing SSL certificate within the Atomic control panel.
- Begin by logging into the Atomic control panel and clicking on SSL within the left side menu.
- You’ll now be shown the SSL Certificate Manager where you’ll see a list of any SSL certificates that are installed on your account. From here, click on the SSL certificate that you want to link to your new domain.
- Inside the details page for this certificate, you’ll see all domains that are currently linked. To link your new domain to the certificate, click on the Link To Domains button.
- Upon clicking on the button, an additional window will appear, containing any domains that you are able to link to the certificate. Simply select the domain(s) that you want to link to this certificate, then click on the Link Domains button.
Your domain has now been linked to this SSL certificate. If you’re ready to use it now, be sure that it’s active by checking the Actions column to the right of the domain in the list.