Multi-factor authentication, otherwise known as 2-factor authentication is an incredibly important step to securing any account. As such, we implore our customers to undertake these steps to ensure their account is more secure than the simple username/password authentication. For a deeper explanation, please read the following wiki on what MFA/2FA is.
Note: You need a mobile app on your mobile phone to read the QR code and create tokens. We recommend Authy or Google Authenticator, but many alternatives work just as well (both are Available on Android and iPhone).
For your protection, Pagely does not support SMS (text message) MFA. This is due to SMS being a less secure option.
How to Enable 2-Factor Authentication
- Begin by logging into the Atomic control panel.
- On the top right of the page, click on the My Settings button.
- You'll now be sent to your account's settings page. To manage your multi-factor authentication settings, click on the Security tab.
- Once within the Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) page, click on the Enable MFA button.
- Next, you'll be asked to provide your mobile phone number to link your authentication app. Enter it (including the country code), then click on the Use Phone Number button.
- After entering your phone number, a QR code will appear. Open your authentication app and add your Atomic account by scanning the QR code.
- Once added to your account has been added to your authentication app, enter your multi-factor authentication code, then click on the Verify and Enable button.
Once verified, your account will be protected with multi-factor authentication. The next time that you log into Atomic, you'll need to enter the code from your app.