Elasticsearch is a great way to speed up certain aspects of your WordPress site. Combined with the ElasticPress plugin, many sites can see substantial benefits when performing large or complex database queries.
Depending on the nature of your WordPress site, here's a few things that Elasticsearch can help improve performance on:
- Querying a large number of posts.
- Querying a large number of comments.
- Any other large or complex database queries.
This is ideal for sites like:
- WooCommerce sites.
- Ticketing/event sites.
- Sites that display a large number of comments.
- Sites that display a large number of posts.
- Sites with heavy search activity.
While it's possible for Elasticsearch to run on a VPS-1, due to high RAM requirements, we highly recommend at least a VPS-2.
Installing and Configuring Elasticsearch on Pagely
If you'd like Elasticsearch installed and configured on your WordPress site, simply contact our support team.
Installation and configuration of Elasticsearch on your site is completely free of charge. Upon receiving your ticket, our team will begin assessing your site and fully configuring Elasticsearch and the ElasticPress plugin for you.