If you’re running a WordPress Multisite network, you might run into the vague “HTTP Error” message when uploading files.
While WordPress Multisite is still WordPress, multisite networks can vary quite a bit from a standard WordPress installation. In this article, we'll show you how to increase your maximum file upload size to resolve the error.
Modifying the WordPress Multisite Max Upload File Size Setting
If you have a WordPress Multisite network, here’s how to change your max file upload limit:
- Begin by logging into your WordPress Multisite network. Be sure that your user has access to change network-wide settings.
- On the top left corner of the page, hover over My Sites, then Network Admin, and click on Settings.
- You’re now inside your Network Settings page. On this page, scroll down to the Upload Settings section.
- Locate the Max upload file size setting. Inside this setting, you can increase the maximum file size.
- Finally, be sure to click the Save Changes button to save your settings.
Your file upload size limit has now been increased. Go forth and upload files!