How to Change the Max File Upload Size in WordPress Multisite
Last Updated -
If you’re running a WordPress Multisite network, you might run into the vague “HTTP Error” message when uploading files.
While WordPress Multisite is still WordPress, multisite networks can vary quite a bit from a standard WordPress installation.
If you have a WordPress Multisite network, here’s how to change your max file upload limit:
- Begin by logging into your WordPress Multisite network. Be sure that your user has access to change network-wide settings.
- On the top left corner of the page, hover over My Sites, then Network Admin, and click on Settings.
- You’re now inside your Network Settings page. On this page, scroll down to the Upload Settings section.
- Locate the Max upload file size setting. Inside this setting, you can increase the maximum file size.
- Finally, be sure to click the Save Changes button to save your settings.
Your file upload size limit has now been increased. Go forth and upload files!