Cyberduck is a great client to use when transferring files to and from your WordPress site. In this article, we'll show you how to connect to your Pagely VPS over SFTP.
- Begin by opening Cyberduck and clicking on the Open Connection on the top right of the window.
- The first setting defines the protocol that will be used to connect and transfer files. Inside the drop-down at the top of the new connection window, select SFTP (SSH File Transfer Protocol).
- Next, you'll need to define where you will be connecting to. Inside the Server field, enter your domain.
Note: If you're on a high-availability VPS or haven't pointed a domain to your site yet, you'll want to use the Pagely-provided *.pressdns.com hostname of your primary node.
- You'll now need to provide information about the SSH user that you'll be using to connect. Inside the Username field, enter the username of the SSH user that you've already created in Atomic.
Don't forget the client_ prefix that exists on all Pagely SSH users!
- Since you'll be authenticating via an SSH key pair, leave the Password field blank and select your SSH key using the SSH Private Key drop down.
- Finally, click the Connect button!
If all went well, you'll now be connected to your WordPress site over SFTP.