Redirects are an essential part of running a website. Sometimes, a page will no longer be relevant and will need to redirect any old links to the new content. Here's how to easily create a new redirect from within the Atomic control panel.
- Begin by logging into Atomic.
- Next, access your app listing by clicking on Apps on the left side navigation menu.
- From within the app listing, locate the app that you want to create a redirect on and click on the settings icon to the right of the app's name.
- Inside your app's details view, access your site's settings for the ARES gateway by clicking on the ARES tab.
- Next, access the Redirects section by clicking on the menu item to the left.
- To create a new redirect, click on the Create Redirect button.
- Inside the From field, enter the old path that you want to redirect to somewhere else, leading with a slash.
- Next, do the same with the To field to define where you want the user to be redirected to.
- To add the redirect to the list, just click the Save icon to the right.
- Finally, apply your changes by clicking on the Deploy Changes button.
After your changes have been applied, your redirect is now active! Be sure to access the URL and test your changes.
Note: Your browser may have cached the page that you're redirecting. If your redirect doesn't seem to be working, you may want to clear your browser's cache and check it again.
If you want to learn more about managing redirects from inside Atomic, you may find these additional articles helpful.