Redirects are an essential part of running a website. Sometimes, a page will no longer be relevant and will need to redirect any old links to the new content. Here's how to easily create a new redirect from within the Atomic control panel.
Note: At the moment, redirects from within Atomic only support simple redirects from one internal path to another. If you need to create redirects to external locations or using regular expressions, please contact our support team to have them added for you.
- Begin by logging into Atomic.
- Next, access your app listing by clicking on Apps on the left side navigation menu.
- From within the app listing, locate the app that you want to create a redirect on and click on the settings icon to the right of the app's name.
- Inside your app's details view, access the Redirects section by clicking on the Redirects tab.
- Inside the Source Path field, enter the old path that you want to redirect to somewhere else, leading with a slash.
- Next, do the same with the Destination Path field to define where you want the user to be redirected to.
- To add the redirect to the list, just click the Add button to the right.
- Finally, apply your changes by clicking on the Apply Changes button.
After your changes have been applied, your redirect is now active! Be sure to access the URL and test your changes.
Note: Your browser may have cached the page that you're redirecting. If your redirect doesn't seem to be working, you may want to clear your browser's cache and check it again.
If you want to learn more about managing redirects from inside Atomic, you may find these additional articles helpful.