If your WordPress site deals with a lot of large files, you might find the need to increase your server's storage capacity. Here's how to increase your disk size from within the Atomic control panel.
- If you're dealing with a lot of static files, another option may be to offload those files to your own Amazon S3 bucket with Press3.
- To increase your storage capacity from within Atomic, you will need to make sure that your user has the proper permissions. This means that if you are a collaborator on the account, you will need to have a Sub-Admin or higher role associated with your user.
For more information on collaborators and role permissions, see our Collaborator Management article.
How to Increase Your Disk Size in Atomic
- Begin by logging into the Atomic control panel.
- On the left side menu, click on Disk.
- You should now see the disk management page. Inside this page, you're able to see your current disk usage, as well as increase your storage capacity.
To increase your server's storage capacity, click on the Change Plan Disk Size button.
- After the button is clicked, you'll see a slider that you can use to select your new disk size. Simply adjust the slider to select your desired size.
- Once your new disk size is selected, any applicable disk size addons will be shown to the right, along with any pricing changes that may apply.
To finalize your selection and increase your storage capacity, click on the Upgrade button.